The 3 Global Leaders of On-board Scale Technology
Many different companies across various industries spanning from agriculture to mining know the importance of accurate and reliable weighing scales. Although there are many types of scales available, on-board scales are some of the most dependable and efficient truck scales available.
These scales may work slightly differently depending on the vehicle or equipment application (i.e. wheel loader, conveyor, etc.,) but the technology used in most on-board weighing systems is the same. On-board scales use load cell technology that’s integrated on the actual vehicle or equipment, providing a built-in weighing system that can provide weight measurements anytime a load is applied.
Most on-board weigh scales use a signal that is transmitted to a monitor or weighing terminal to give the weight metrics of the vehicle’s load. These scales work using a combination of load cell technology and pressure readings from air suspension equipment. The reading that is sent to the monitor determines the weight of the load that is placed on the axis of the truck.
Trusted Names in On-board Weighing Systems
Onboard truck scales have been around for a while now, and so many companies produce them. However, it is important to buy yours from a reputable company so as to make sure that you get a high-quality scale. The following are the three global leaders of the on-board scale technology.
1. Applied Weighing International Limited
Applied Weighing International has been in business for the last two decades, and it has slowly grown into one of the leading supplier and manufacturer of weighing equipment and load cells in the UK. Aside from on-board scales, Applied Weighing International also manufactures and supplies other industrial weighing application, and they are also certified to produce ATEX Products.
Why choose on-board scales from Applied Weighing International?
- The company has been in the business long enough to know that every clients’ need is unique, and so they will always strive to give you an innovative solution that conforms to your needs.
- Compared to other companies, their on-board scales are cheaper. Add this to the money that the accuracy of these scales will save you and you have yourself the perfect scale.
- Aside from giving you a tailor made solution this company has plenty of scales for you to choose from depending on your type of truck.
2. PFREUNDT On-Board
If you are looking to buy an on-board scale from a reputable company in the industry, then you should turn to PFREUNDT. This company has branches in the top countries in Europe, and it also has a well-established distribution network that makes it possible to deliver this scale to any part of the world.
Why choose on-board scales from PFREUNDT?
- This company has an installation team that will ensure that you receive a quality service and that the scale is properly installed.
- They have an onsite calibration service for Germany and neighboring countries customers. This service will help you save a lot of time and some money.
- In case, you have some trouble with the scales that you buy they will offer you fast and qualified consultation.
3. RDS Technology
RDS Technology has been operational for more than 40 years now, and it has always tried to make weighing simpler through the use of electronic devices. Today this company specializes in the production and distribution of on-board measuring scales and other closely related equipment. As an industry leader in the USA and globally, RDS Technology is always coming up with innovations to make their on-board truck scale technology more efficient and accurate.
Why choose on-board scales from RDS Technology?
- This company has a solution for you no matter what your needs may be. Whether you want an on-board scale for a simple application like use in one truck, or a fleet of trucks RDS has a solution for you.
- It has a global presence meaning you can access their products and services from any part of the world.
- Aside from giving you a quality scale that suits your needs they have an excellent customer service that will make sure you are always satisfied.
While all on-board weighing systems might appear to be similar in nature, certain producers offer various features that provide unique advantages and benefits in the field. Be sure to research which suppliers and there products offer the most appropriate on-board scale system for your specific application.